What is The TackHack
The TackHack is your source for premium equestrian brands at discounted prices. The vast majority of our inventory is brand new and offered for up to 80% off of retail. We also sell a tightly edited selection of "prix-loved" items that have been screened by us for quality.
Where do you source your new merchandise?
We work with independent retailers and brands to help move their overstock. We only sell high-quality items and do not accept “lemons.”
How do you label the condition of your “prix-loved” items?
We operate a bit like resale bouncers; we run a tough door to ensure that our customers are satisfied with the quality of the used items they purchase. Our prix-loved items are appraised as like-new, excellent, very good, and good:
- Like-New: the item doesn’t have a tag, but is in such pristine condition that we’re pretty sure it has never been worn
- Excellent: the item does not have any visible defects or fabric fading
- Very Good: these items are show ring ready
- Good: ideal for schooling
How does sizing work?
Equestrian sizing is all over the map! To address this, we've standardized sizes for filtering purposes. Individual product pages will have the manufacturer's sizing, however if you shop by filter, you'll be shown jackets across brands that correspond to your selected size. We're also more than happy to provide exact measurements on any of our items. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to get you those measurements ASAP.
Do you offer saddle trials?
We offer 7-day trials on all of our saddles. Saddles must be returned in the condition they were sent, and we ask that our saddle shoppers refrain from riding in the rain during their trial.
How do I consign with you?
Our consignment program is currently suspended due to COVID-19. Please sign up for our email newsletter for the latest updates.
What items do you accept?
We only accept items from brands listed on our Accepted Brands list. We do not accept items that are stained, dingy, ripped, torn, or missing components. We do not accept the following:
- Items that are not current (ten years for saddles; 5 years for apparel)
- Saddles with structural or leather defects
- Horse Blankets (unless new with tags)
- Helmets (we only accept helmets from retailers and brands)
- Horse brushes
- Show shirts with ratcatcher collars
- Dry-clean only coats or breeches (with the exception of shadbellies)
- Used gloves
- Used spurs
- Monogrammed items
- Boots without zippers
- Saddle pads (unless in like-new condition)
What happens if my items are rejected?
Unaccepted items will either be returned to the consignor at his or her expense, or donated. We are delighted to partner with The Rider’s Closet for our donations. Doners will receive a receipt from The Rider’s Closet once goods are processed.
How do you price consignment items?
- Saddles: Saddles are priced using the same standard pre-owned saddle pricing that brand reps use. We determine what a current demo version of your saddle would sell for on the market today, and deduct a set amount per year to arrive at a baseline. We then adjust up or down based on condition. We also encourage our saddle consignors to reach out regarding downward price adjustments.
- Apparel/Other Tack: Brand and condition are the largest determinants of pricing our “prix-loved” items. Standard practice for pricing used items is to deduct 50% to 70% off of the full retail value and adjust up or down depending on demand and condition.
Will my items be put on sale?
The lovely thing about consignment is the we are strategically aligned to maximize the sale price of each item! That being said, in an effort to sell your items, we do retain the right to run site-wide promotions on all items except for saddles. Items that are not “moving” will be reduced in price to attract buyers.
When do I get paid?
Payment is issued via check once per month for that previous month’s sales. We offer our shoppers a 14-day return period, so we must ensure the return period has passed before we can issue payment.
Do you offer international consignment?
We do not offer our consignment services outside of the United States at this time.
Orders, Shipping & Returns
Do you offer free shipping?
We offer weight-based shipping.
We offer free returns within the United States for all products except saddles.
We ship via 2-day USPS priority. Our saddles ship insured.
Do you offer international shipping?
We currently offer weight-based shipping to Canada starting at $20.
How is shipping calculated?
We calculate shipping based on the item’s weight, the package dimension, and your shipping destination.
What is your return policy?
Non-Saddle Purchases: We offer free returns within 14 days of receipt on all orders shipped in the continental U.S. We do not offer free returns on international orders.
Saddle Purchases: We offer 7-day saddle trials. Saddles are excluded from our free return policy.
To request a return, simply complete the return form found on our return page.